The Clock Tower was built right after Dolmabahce Palace by Sultan Abdulhamid II between 1890 – 1895, at the entryway of the Palace. The architect was Sarkis Balyan again, the imperial architect. The clock has a European design and is 27 meter high with four floors, and on two sides the Tugra (monogram) of the sultan can be noticed. The Paul Garnier Clock was installed by master clockmaker Johann Meyar and its mechanism was partially equipped with electronics in 1979. The clock tower is recently restored hence its clock is perfectly functioning.