Yildiz Palace, one of the last residences of the Ottoman sultans, was completed by Abdulhamit II at the end of the 19th century. The Sale (Chalet), the largest and most exquisite of the buildings, reveals the luxury in which the sultans lived and entertained. The chalet is formed by two separate buildings; first one built in 1889 and the second one, known as Merasim Kosku (ceremonial kiosk), in 1898 by architect Raimondo D’Aronco. The Yildiz palace is know as the fourth Ottoman palace built in Istanbul after the Conquest. Set in a very large park of flowers, tulips, various plants and trees gathered from every part of the world, containing a pool and green houses, the palace grounds offer one of the most beautiful panoramic views of the Bosphorus.